Saturday, February 14, 2009

Up, Up and Away!

It's not everyday that you wake up and say I Love My Job..I was feeling the same yesterday as I was scheduled to board the US Military Boeing C-17 Globemaster III..it is a military airlift plane..Wow wow wow..Sitting inside the plane felt like a kid in a candy store. I just couldn't stop smiling..We took off with pilot showing off his short runway takoff..it fe lt like a roller coaster. The US Military guys were inside describing each move to us and it felt like a part out of Top Gun..

He took us to 20,000 feet and I did a link to the camera at that height walking...It was really exhilirating. ..After showing us some moves at that height for about 20 mins, he said we were going to do the tactical descent...So we descended almost vertically from 18,000 feet to 6000 feet in 30 seconds...

The only scary moment was when this was happening I saw the crew running around in despair..but they were desperately hunting for a paper bag for my cameraman who was going to puke..He was filming the whole thing from the cockpit and the descent was too much for his stomach to handle...Besides that, the ride was just fuck amazing..Hard landing and braking..It was just too good to be true; felt orgasmic..Almost wanted to plead once more to the captain..

The day before, I went on board a Global Vectra chopper..it was ok compared to the Boeing ride..That video onboard the Boeing plane has still not been uploaded..will share the link asap..

On the right of this page there are two videos of my stories on the Aero India show. Some lucky journalists got to fly on the F-16s this time and I will lobby hard to get on one next time...

Can't wait to fly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment